Whether you have a few crooked teeth, unattractive spaces or a discolored smile, there’s a solution, thanks to major advances in the field of cosmetic dentistry. After some consideration, you may be compelled to call a cosmetic dentist, like Dr. Bergeron of Town Center Cosmetic Dentistry, to see which procedures might be beneficial to your unique case. Dr. Bergeron has spent hours taking courses and receiving training to perfect her cosmetic dentistry skills to deliver the best possible care to her patients. There are numerous different types of cosmetic dentistry, truly something for everyone!
So What's the Big Deal About Cosmetic Dentistry?
According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), over 99 percent of Americans place a very high value on a beautiful smile. Many patients don’t go to their dentist until they have an aesthetic problem that they want to fix, like discolored teeth or unattractive gaps.
Types of Cosmetic Procedures
Any dental treatment that is aimed at improving the overall appearance of the teeth is classified as cosmetic. Common cosmetic procedures include:
- Crowns or full coverage restorations to protect and reshape teeth
- Braces (traditional and Invisalign) to align and reposition the teeth
- Cosmetic bonding and contouring to improve the shape of the teeth
- Tooth whitening for stained teeth
- Dental implants for missing or damaged teeth
- Veneers to reshape or improve the color of teeth
Though some people assume that cosmetic procedures are optional, some procedures that fall under the category of cosmetic dentistry can also have a significant impact on your overall dental health.
The Many Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Having a cosmetic procedure is an investment in yourself—you should feel comfortable with the way your teeth look. Here are a few of the short-term and long-term benefits of cosmetic dentistry:
- Adjusts and improves the positioning of your teeth so that you have a better bite
- Straightens the teeth and reduces uncomfortable crowding
- Evens out the teeth, making them look more uniform
- Makes it easier to chew and talk
- Beautifies your smile and makes it look more natural
- Makes your face appear younger
Today there is a wide array of cosmetic dental treatments available, including:
- Teeth Whitening – this is the simplest way to make a substantial improvement in the appearance of your teeth. Whether you choose in-office or take home whitening, you can improve the whiteness and brightness of your teeth. At Town Center Cosmetic Dentistry we proudly offer whitening products from the Opalescence Whitening System including Go Trays and Boost - clink the images to learn more about each product!
- Dental Veneers – veneers are a great option for patients that are looking to enhance their smiles in more ways than one. Custom made by your dentist, veneers are a popular treatment for severely stained, chipped or misshaped teeth.
- Bonding – dental bonding is a popular dental technique used to repair teeth, replace silver amalgam fillings, repair cracks, and fix misaligned teeth.
- Dental Implants – when you are missing a tooth, or multiple teeth, dental implants offer a permanent solution to fill in gaps where teeth are missing.
With the availability of cosmetic dentistry, patients can take the next step toward an improved smile in only a couple dental visits. From whiter teeth to straighter teeth, cosmetic dentistry offers it all.
Call Town Center Cosmetic Dentistry in Towson, MD at (410) 828-8000 to learn which Cosmetic Dental procedure would be best for you. Give us a call today!